Saturday, January 31, 2009

23 things review

What a great training program - it took this boomer a while to get used to the independent online learning thing - remember I went to library school back in the dark ages with nothing but lectures and lots of papers that had to be TYPED!!!!

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
Creating a blog - always wanted to do it but thought it would be difficult to start and keep up. It took me a while to find my "voice" and now I'm hooked. Also liked the Play Week, Wikis and YouTube (really hooked on that one!)

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
Before this program, I felt that I was getting too close to retirement and did not need to learn anything new - felt like a jaded boomer librarian. 23 things encouraged me to learn new things and feel comfortable in the online learning format - will continue to take online classes and use the tutorials from YouTube and other programs.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
How easy it was to embed a video, add a gadget, and spiff up your blog.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
Create a community blog for participants to share their knowledge, excitement, etc. I found it difficult to read all of the individual blogs from this program.

And last but not least…
If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?
Yes - when will it begin!

Thanks to the 23 Things team and Ramiro for offering this new learning experience!

2 comments:

L. Advie said...

Yeah You did it! You have been working at sonic boom speed to complete and you did it! :) Now you are Sonic Boomer 2.0 ? I too look forward to what our great 23 Things team sends our way next. I enjoyed your many entries Thanks for sharing them with us.Happy Future Learning while having fun.

Martha K said...

I appreciate your support....